Part 1 of 2
If you want 2014 to be a breakout year for your home, your planning should start now for upcoming remodeling projects. January gives you an opportunity to reflect on which areas of your home could better serve your needs, and set some goals to reach your dream.
While your resolutions to lose weight or learn French may be history by month’s end, it’s relatively simple to achieve your remodeling goals if you work with the right architect. Of course we hope that would be us. But in the meantime, here’s the first half of a set of essential New Year’s resolutions for the weeks ahead:
1) Put a high value on your time.
Take the time to prepare and think about the reasons you want to remodel. Create a list of what “works” and what doesn’t for your current lifestyle.
Why is this important? By taking the time to create a list you have taken the first step in moving forward on this endeavor. You actually own how you want to make your life better through your living environment.
2) Seek inspiration.
More and more design professionals are showcasing their work online, making it easy for you to find examples of things you … Read More »
Here are 5 great ways to make your home renovation resolutions a reality!
1. Hire a skilled architect/builder to help you realize your dreams and organize your entire project from design to overseeing all of the trades involved.
2. Set a reasonable and realistic budget for your project. Don’t be surprised by costs in the end. Things cost more then you expect! Do some research and set a realistic budget that you can be comfortable with.
3. Consider eco-friendly/sustainable options. Going energy-efficient will save you money in the long term.
4. Create more value for your home. Consider remodeling the bathrooms or the kitchen. Not only will updating your kitchen or bath give you a more pleasant space to be in, but it will add value to your home.
5. Start with the right team (architect/builder). Get people involved in the project whom you trust. Using a team you can trust will give you peace of mind.
Happy New Year!